Thursday, October 11, 2012

Diapering The New One

You know how in life there are just some things that seem important even if you KNOW inherently that they're not?

Maybe I'm the only obsessive one out here....
But I've read enough other bloggers to doubt that. (wink.)

Michael and I have been talking a lot about money lately.
Which is an improvement on ignoring money and then having "discussions" when it absolutely needs to be talked about.

And so I've been thinking about money.
Not a bad thing to think about.

We've been saving it.
Also not bad.

But with the arrival of a newborn impending, there ARE some things we need to spend money on...since we didn't bring Million home until he was 17 months old.

The thing that had been concerning me the most was diapers.
We knew that we're a die-hard cloth diaper family.
The question was which kind and how many we wanted to buy until our little guy fit in our 12-35 pound diapers.
Because the way he's been measuring (smaller), there is no way he's 12 pounds.

Anyway, I debated about it for days.  Until Michael finally just made the call.


We're going to do something that scares me a little bit and try a new kind of cloth diapers.  By new, I mean---pretty much what my mom used.

Except with little snappi fasteners instead of pins.


And with some cute and skin-friendly covers instead of plastic panties.  This is where my shopping lies now. I have to decide between large corporation and small, hand-made items.  I know that we'll probably end up buying from a work-at-home mom or small Etsy shop, because that's one of the ways we enjoy purchasing now...but I have to show you the options.
One potential option, Thirsties Duo-Wraps from a large national company.

A work-at-home mom option, found here.  Probably my favorite, since it's my favorite color.

Another Etsy option, found here.

And one that Michael would love, found here.

I absolutely KNOW that making our newborn diapering decision wasn't that big of a deal.  But it felt like a big deal.
And it's a relief having the decision made.

No comments:

Post a Comment