Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cookie Failures

I think I need to reinstate a daily "tea time" like I had at work.

I didn't get tea time, today.  But I did get pinterest time, and that's nearly as good.

Earlier this week I had a two-day failure induced by pride.  I found a recipe for some very "involved" cookies that I thought looked lovely.   Of course I could make those cookies and still focus wholeheartedly on being a good mother.

And I failed the recipe two days in a row.  And my attitude was severely poor.
I'm talking The Pout Session of 2011, here.
The first time I overcooked the caramel.  The second day I probably goofed on the temperature of the butter.  Foolish Heather for thinking she could bake complicated cookies while ensuring son's soccer ball doesn't injure anyone or anything.  Foolish Heather for crying about failing cookies two days in a row.  Foolish Heather for even caring.  Foolish Heather for thinking that 45 minutes before the little one's bedtime would be a good time to start baking.

Ah well.  I'm over it.  Except the pictures still tempt me.

I'll just stick to homemade graham crackers for this weekend.  Sounds simple enough.

2 comments:

  1. Homemade graham crackers? I'd like to try to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...I am impressed that you even attempted to make homemade cookies at all. : ) it has been Pillsbury for me for years now...ha!

    ReplyDelete