Friday, September 23, 2011

Bibliophiles Unite!

My ever-inspiring sister-in-law has a project going down on her blog.  To read through all of the books that she owns that she hasn't read yet.

You should look at her post.  She's got pictures of her bookshelves with which books remain.

And I'm thinking very seriously about doing that.

Thinking.
Just thinking.
But it inspired a little reflection as to the state of my bookshelves.

My bookshelves require some serious organizing.
Hers are organized topically.
Mine....aren't.

So here is my attempt at fervent desire to read the rest of my books (which I am finding out are mostly series).  If I was more energized, I'd black out a lot of the books in these pictures so you knew which ones I was talking about.


The top shelf in this picture contains a few books I haven't read.  (The boxed sets.)

The tan antique text books from the 1890's on this shelf I haven't read.


The lower shelf contains my fiction that I haven't read.
The lower shelf contains Gone With the Wind, which I haven't read, and I actually have no desire to read because I wasn't keen on the movie.  I only bought it because it was under 50 cents, and I figured some year I might get very bored.  It won't fit on any of my other shelves.  It's a fatty.

Oh, and then there are two more series (Charlotte Mason and Francis Schaeffer) that I haven't read fully yet.  Just hunted and pecked.

That's not bad though, considering this is just one of our rooms with books in it.
Sigh.  Seeing boxed sets and series in my winter reading pile.  Boo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment