Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Grateful For Iron

A few days ago, I was going to write a post about miscarriage grief triggers I have had or anticipate having this week.  And then I changed my mind and was going to blog about food hypocrisy, and what we're doing to change.  That second post might be forthcoming, when I find a moment of clarity.  The first will probably just be left in the dust for now.  

I am really just wanting to note this morning how grateful I am for iron supplementation and easy access to it.

I'm always anemic.  Yesterday, I found out that I was quite a bit more so than usual, and my midwife ordered me on immediate iron supplementation.

I took one little pill last night, and my whole world has changed.  I have had more energy this morning than I have had in over a year.  The last many months I've been needing a nap by 9 a.m.
This might not be a deal for some people, but I have not been a napper since I was four years old.  I cannot nap (typically...)
We're holding steadily at 10 a.m. now, and I don't feel like I'll need a nap today.

So I'm grateful.  It's nice to have energy again.  It's nice not to have the guilt over crabbiness towards my children caused by fatigue.  It's nice to have the wherewithal and drive to prepare my meals in advance and make homemade bread.  (I'm seriously hoping it's good.  I didn't have pumpkin seeds, but I threw in some craisins for colour...)

I am just so grateful.  And spoiled.

I think I'll have a mug of apple cider to celebrate, because it's actually feeling like fall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment