Sunday, July 20, 2014

Chair: Before and After (Glamour Shots)

Okay....here is our $35 chair.  We spent $5 a piece on three chairs.

This is what the chair looked like before.  To be perfectly honest, that's chair number two or three...but they were all identical.  I've been living with this horrid mauve times three for eight months.  
 And here we are with the after shots.


You can see that the Curve-Ease mentioned here did an excellent job of the back.


I think I mentioned before that for the next two chairs, I'll be doing something with the legs, because I really am not keen on the pine-toned legs.  I'm just not sure if I'm going black, white, or a dark wood stain.... It remains to be seen.

So for $35, I think it was a fun adventure.  And I have two more fun adventures waiting for me.

And for those interested in the fabric, I got this fabric at a rock-bottom price (although now it's not bad at $7 a yard.)  The link is the picture I ordered based on.  And you can see why I was somewhat disappointed at the lack of navy blue, but not disappointed enough to return it since I got it so inexpensively.

If you're interested in doing your own reupholstery, I'd recommend this series.

1 comment:

  1. The chair turned out beautifully! Love the fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete