Saturday, May 10, 2014

Life Can Be Delicious (Watercress Sandwiches)

This morning I went to the farmer's market and bought some herbs.  (Michael consequently built my herb box, which will be filled with soil this afternoon.)

And he surprised me with watercress.  How I love watercress.

Watercress Sandwich

Here's my recipe for watercress sandwiches...Adapted from three or four different online versions.


1 package neufchatel (or cream cheese, if you're like that...)
1/2 C walnuts
5 T chopped green onion
1/2 C chopped watercress

Mix in your mixer, maybe throw in 2 to 4 T milk to thin out the consistency.  (I did.)

Spread on bread.  (For our first few sandwiches, I got all fancy and trimmed the crusts.  Then I promptly gave up on that.  Crusts are tasty anyway.)

Eat three or four sandwiches.  Because they're that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment