Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A'feared of Cupcakes

Fear is a funny thing, isn't it?  It is completely irrational and illogical.
I've recently committed myself to do something that terrifies me.

Hosting a bakesale.
And not just a normal bakesale.
A cupcake sale.

I don't even like cake.
And I'm not skilled at frosting things.

I may be terrified at the prospect, but there is this annoying part of my personality that always jumps to try something new, something different, something where I'll learn a new skill.

Really.  It's a sickness.
Ask Michael.
Or don't.

So in efforts to get ready for this bake sale (beginning of May, location to be determined but might just be my garage or front yard), I'm going to be chronicling my cupcake endeavors, hopefully one new cupcake post a week.

And that reupholstering wingchairs bit.
And writing a novel in the month of March because I'm a sucker for new things?

Here's my first attempt. 

I used this recipe but altered it a little bit, because I'm one of those cooks who can't leave a thing alone.  Mine ended up being strawberry lemonade cupcakes (mostly due to the fact that our next batch of vanilla extract is not done yet).  I'm wholeheartedly trying to force myself into a delusion of spring.  

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! Cupcakes! Right up my alley! Put me down for a dozen of your best. The strawberry makes it so fancy... hey, where'd you get strawberries anyway?

    ReplyDelete