Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Simple Games: Initial Reversal

I remember exactly when I learned to play the game.
I was hiking up an easy trail on Mount Rainier with my cousins in the summer of 1994.
It was about 85 degrees, and we were on our way up to a snow patch on the mountain.
My cousins introduced me to the game where you switch people's initials on their first and last name.

So Robby Gum would be Gobby Rum.
And Doctor Seuss would be Soctor Deuss.

Anyway, I sometimes play the little game in my head.
But I can't get this one out of my head because it makes me laugh EVERY time.

The Little Engine that Could is written by Watty Piper.  (Really...who names their child Watty?)
I just get a kick out of Patty Wiper.
And I chortle to myself every single time Million shows me that book.
My children will be so troubled. 

1 comment:

  1. Timothy is famous for ridiculous Spoonerisms. He does them so much he has to take a moment to remember what the actual words are! I'm going to have to tell him about Patty Wiper. Tell me you have read Runny Babbit by Shel Silverstein!?!

    ReplyDelete