Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Michael, Political Activist by Night

Michael's going all political on me.
Which is fair, because I'm going all hippie on him.  (Perhaps a future blog post.  This one's about Michael.)
We've got a marriage that works, for better or worse.

Michael is going to a city zoning meeting.
A zoning meeting. 

Allow me to wipe the tears from my eyes from laughter.

(wipe, wipe.)

We live in the heart of the historic district in our little town.  
We're less than three blocks from pretty much anything.
We *could* live pretty local lives, were it not for our desire for healthier food choices, thrift store shopping, and Michael's employment being 20 miles away.

But that's a small price to pay when you can walk with your son 15 minutes to get views like this.
All this about our little town to say that Michael is going to a zoning meeting to try to influence the zoning commission to allow us to have a small amount of (female) chickens in our back yard.  

My husband, the fervent political activist, is back in action. 
So provided he has a new job in our current locale sometime soon, and provided his zoning meeting goes well, we should have baby chick brood edition number 1 (likely to be named after female torch singers) due in Spring 2012.  And Million's tell-all memoir "My Dad Killed Julie London" will be out in about 18 years from now.  

 Whew.  With that public service announcement aside, I have only a few more pictures to post.
 I tried making my own Heath bars.  We're going solely fair-trade chocolate in our household and diets, so whenever I can budget in fair-trade chocolate chips, I try to make something like what we were used to.  Unfortunately for my Heath bars, my candy thermometer broke, so I was estimating temperatures.  The taste was perfect for us, (being dark chocolate lovers) but the texture of the toffee was a little soft.  Sigh.  Maybe next time.

This picture (and it's almost daily reoccurrence) cracks me up.  Million will start barking and looking out the back window just to get BonAmi to do the same.  And vice versa.  They're quite the pair.

In true November-blogger fashion, I have to close by saying I'm so blessed.  I'm surrounded by a man, boy, and a dog that all make me laugh.  My life is not short of hilarity, which is a true blessing in this season of life when we could be wondering why God is delaying in providing Michael a new job.  I am a blessed woman.  I have joy amidst talk of chickens, little boys barking, and dogs scared of plastic bags being blown down the street by the November wind.  

1 comment:

  1. I was laughing so hard at the "My dad killed Julie London" that all other library patrons stopped and stared. Also I love the pic of million and bonami staring out the back window...so great :)

    ReplyDelete