Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tea Drinkings And Book Readings

If I were at all the classy kind of dame, I'd invite you over for a cup of tea.  
Of course, being a classy dame, it would be loose-leaf tea.   
And of course, it would be in my fine tea china.  That's not really mine.  In my dreams.  

In reality, you'd probably get Bigelow tea and a mug with an inscription like "Lawyers never die, they just lose their appeal."  And you'd be lucky if you got it while it was still warm these days.

My tea drinkings lately have been much more sparse.  
For instance, this morning, Michael made me a cup of lemon tea, but by the time I got a diaper changed, a wiggly guy dressed, and pleasant attitudes in our hearts, it was cold. 

I microwaved it and drank it while my son was dancing to some music this morning.

Yes, yes.  Pity me.  Cry for me.  Weep.  Gnash your teeth. 
Re-microwaved tea.  
The agony.
These difficulties and burdens are too much to bear. 

On a less sarcastic note, have you ever been mentally and emotionally just beaten up by a book?   I'm currently reading two books that are performing TKO's on my soul and brain.    The books seem to cycle through my thoughts at night and all during the day.  Which would be my excuse for not posting pictures of Million's first excursion to an apple orchard....or his expression of distrust while first petting an albino bunny.   

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the sarcastic weeping, but.. microwaved tea IS a drag. May you have a fresh, hot, steaming cup today with no microwaves involved!

    ReplyDelete