Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What We're About

Gosh.
This is becoming an adoption blog again.
Not what we're going for, here.


What have Michael and I been up to, other than parenting?

Michael has been working on finding a job in his new career field. Anywhere in the States. He's also been doing a lot of little projects here and there around the house that will make winter a lot easier. Do remember that the past three years our first snow has been around October 12th, so time is of the essence here.

I've been working on both re-teaching myself history. (I had a series of very poor teachers for that subject that made me dislike it so... Therefore, I decided to teach it to myself. I've gotten up to the fall of the Phoenicians.)


I have great ambitions for some knitting, crocheting, yarn-spinning, candle making, and other craft projects this fall.

Aside from the "adoption side" of parenting, I've also been working on being very intentional about what we teach Million and when. I've found a lot of great ideas on this site, and I love her philosophy of intentional play---although we REALLY don't want that many toys around our house and I have to work at finding ways to use things we have around the house for some of her ideas.

Yesterday afternoon we had a bit of fun playing with clothespins and working on motor skills.


Of course, being a boy, the game didn't stay this delicate and intentional for very long, maybe 5 minutes at most. Then it was swishing all of the clothespins around, or trying to stand in the clothespin basket.

1 comment:

  1. There ain't nuthin' wrong with having an adoption blog :)

    I'm impressed at how much other stuff you've been doing - for our first few weeks home, all I did was parent and lie on the sofa sobbing gently. Respect!!!

    ReplyDelete