Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday. Beautiful Friday.

We are officially unpacked.
The laundry has been done, much of it two or three times, due to scabies exposure and treatment.
Lovely.

The dishes have been done. About 70 of our adoption announcements have been sent out.

Michael has also fixed the car and lawn mower, taken a large test on genetics, and mowed the lawn.

We've been on about seven walks and played on a playground close to our house.
Million can now walk both up the hill and down the hill in our back yard. (It's teeny...don't worry.)

Last night I remembered that we had a breadmaker. Whole wheat never tasted so beautiful in my life.

I started reading Melissa Fay Greene's "No Biking in the House Without a Helmet" last night. I'm enjoying it. My mom stopped in at our local library and told them that we had our babe home, and so the librarian gave me almost a month loan on the book. Small town life has its advantages.

I'm finding it hard to not over-do the stimulation for Million. I'm a person who loves to be out and about, always doing something, and when possible, multitasking. (Nap time is Captain Insaneo Chore Time.) We did go to the doctor's office three days ago and to pick up Million's prescription's at a local Wal-Mart pharmacy on Wednesday. Are those my "joy rides" for the week? Seriously?

At the same time, this staying at home is bearing fruit---albeit small teeny bits of fruit.

Million's started mimicking us. In good ways.

Spike Lee's "Please, Baby, Please" is one of Million's favorite books, and he's now started echoing "baby, baby, baby!" We're not sure he knows what he's saying, but he's having a lot of fun vocalizing the sounds.

I'm also pretty sure he pronounced BonAmi "bunny" today.

This morning, as I was in the bathroom putting my contacts in and brushing my teeth, I heard a happy noise...

A man reading a boy "Where the Wild Things Are" for about the twentieth time this week.

"Oh look. They're rumpus-ing. Rumpus, rumpus, rumpus. They're rumpus-ing some more! Rumpus, rumpus, rumpus!"

It evoked that same blissful "I shower with squirty toys on the bathtub floor" feeling...the feeling that I know might wear off over time.

So I'm relishing in it now.

1 comment: