Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Well Overdue, and Only a Part: House Tour

It's been looming over my head that I promised a house tour.  
And I haven't gotten there yet.
I'm a person who likes to keep promises.
And since I haven't had any motivation to keep that one, this blog has fossilized.
In order to assuage some guilt, I bring you the living room... Complete with three horribly pink/mauve wing chairs that I'm going to learn how to reupholster.  And also featuring artwork just plopped on screws that the previous owners left. 




Aren't those horrible?  But they were $5 a piece.  We couldn't pass them up.


Lastly, here's something that is making me smile today.  


My grandmother is in the throes of dementia and senility.  My parents brought back some things from her house that nobody claimed, and set them out on the table.  My sister knew me well enough to set these vintage mixing bowls aside for me.


2 comments:

  1. I have those bowls too, and now every time I use one of them, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can't wait to see your house in person!

    ReplyDelete