Monday, December 17, 2012

As a "special treat," Michael heated up some rice socks for Million and I.  
Million wore his under his shirt, whereas I chose the neck drape.
He thought it was the neatest thing in the world.
Until we rode with my parents through a Christmas lights display.  
And then THAT was the neatest thing in the world.

I'm tired these days.
But it's a different kind of tired than week one postpartum tired.
That kind of tired was "where the heck are my internal organs, and how long will they take to migrate back to their proper places?" kind of tired.
Week two postpartum kind of tired was "I'm crying so much and so hormonal that I absolutely MUST have postpartum depression.  Wait, let me google it and see if I have the symptoms."
Week three kind of tired involved a lot of concern with some extra doctor appointments and visits.  It often seems like all I ever do is breastfeed and take the boys into town for doctor appointments.

I'm trying to have a good perspective for this week.  

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Trying to find rest from the true source of rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment