Thursday, December 15, 2011

About Using the Word "Heart" As a Verb...And Pinterest

If I were in my late 30's/early 40's and survived Footloose and acid-dye jeans in the 1980's, or if I were born in the Clinton era or later, I would think it would be cute to say "I heart such and such."

I tried saying it a few times.
It just doesn't work for me.

I don't "heart" much of anything.  I heart blood, arteries, preferably no angina, and my vascular system.
Kind of like when people say "LOL" or any text message abbreviations aloud.
Just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, if I were to say aloud that I "hearted" anything (besides my local good foods store), it would have to be Pinterest.

I even semi-jokingly looked at their programming careers and told Michael there were openings.
But we don't want to move to California, and he's got a new job now, so that's out.

I've been kind of feeling lately like my blog needs a little more order, so it doesn't seem as emotionally/spiritually labile and scatterbrained as I feel.  So I'm thinking of introducing a series with a shorter/more creative name than "What I found on Pinterest and ACTUALLY made instead of just repinning and forgetting about."

Pinterest works for me.  It's like a scrapbook that I never need to putz with or cut stupid edges for.
It's also a recipe book and a home remedies guide.
And the home ec teacher I would love to have sitting on my shoulder.

Did you know that if you put a wooden spoon on top of a boiling pot of water it won't boil over?
Neither did I.
And it works.  I tried it.
At least it worked the one time I tried it.  And it was a very hearty and rapid boil, you doubters.

So...I'm thinking Thursdays will likely be my what I cooked/baked/learned from/sewed because of Pinterest days.  Which still have yet to be named.

If after a few months I'm feeling really inspired, I might even try a link-up Thursday or two.  We shall see.  So we'll see you back here on Thursday for my first "I heart pinterest" (which will NOT be the series title) post!

No comments:

Post a Comment