Monday, November 28, 2011

What We're About In December

I love this picture of my little boy helping decorate for Christmas.


The polarity of light and shadows reminds me of John 1:4-5 "In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." 

I'm sure I'll have some things to write about in December, with Million's first "actual" Christmas.  Some of it may be Advential.  (I just made that word up.)  Million and I (and Michael when he's home) will be going through this names of Jesus Advent chain each day in December.
  (I do have Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree devotional, but it seemed far too much for our family's day-to-day working order this year, and I'm out of magenta ink, so the ornaments wouldn't look "pretty."  Next year, next year.)  For now, I can   "read a Bible verse and say a name" with Million. 

Million and I will also be doing a few service projects this year to teach us (okay, me) humility, servitude, and actual sacrificial giving.  I'm refraining from posting anything about what things we're doing with one exception: I might post a picture of Million ringing bells, because...I have the cutest little antlers for him to wear.  And a toddler in antlers is blog material.  
So is a dog with a Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment