Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Everyday Doxology: French and Amharic together

Right now, I'm up in the bedroom taking a break after 12 hours of very active parenting while Michael worked a day shift.  (For those wondering how I get so much stuff done: that's the beauty of having a husband who works alternating days and evenings...)  

The precious part about being upstairs is that I'm hearing Michael and Million listen to La Vie En Rose while Michael is teaching Million to say "injera."  (We're having doro wat and injera for supper.  I always make the main dishes, and Michael always makes the injera...it's just how we roll.)

And Million is replying with what sounds like "du-bear-uh."

God gives me moments like these just to refresh my soul.

Speaking of refreshment, I tried convincing Michael yesterday that God created ginger and cinnamon just for my delight.
I did have to concede that cinnamon might just have been created for my mom who uses about twice or thrice the amount called for in any recipe.
Michael responded with a tongue-in-cheek "and on the 3rd day, God created ginger, and said 'Heather will like it.  It's good.'"  

It is good.  And I'm refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for refreshment! : ) Would love to have some recipes for wat and injera....can barely cook familiar food, let alone Ethiopian food. BUT I am up for the challenge. : )
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete