Sunday, February 15, 2015

And so it's been almost a month since I posted.
Or caught up on blogs in any form.
Apologies.

A lot of things have been bloggable.
But I'm still in the stage where I find it difficult to both eat breakfast and shower in the morning before Michael goes to work, because Jubilee hasn't sorted out her nighttime feedings and what time she'll be hungry in the morning yet.  And so I get to choose one or the other.  

No complaints, really.  Because she's adorable and generally an easy baby.



 This weekend, Michael bought me a FANCY sewing machine.
One that does stuff when I just press a button.


Really.  It has cars, trailers, bikes, and all sorts of little stitches that the boys love.


So I plan on getting myself together and making a little sewing studio out of a part of our basement.  Because Michael is actually planning on making a little entrepreneurial studio for himself down there, so we're hoping to share a longer room together.

As far as my 60-day fitness challenge goes....it hasn't been.  I did really well the first two weeks, and then my body told me in more ways than one that I was pushing myself too hard immediately after giving birth.  So I'm choosing to wait a little bit.  I anticipate starting working out in a week or two.  For now, we're just doing the healthy meals, homeopathic remedies, and high water consumption.

We also have humungous plans for house projects for the year.  We like to dream big.  And usually we can manage accomplishing our dreams.

As part of our plans to move to France, Michael met with our missions pastor.  There are some changes in that arena.  Our church would like to support us as missionaries.  This is a new and scary place for me to walk into.  We had a lengthy period where we were trusting God for every penny, and now to put our salary back into His hands is a challenge for me.  Along with that, Michael has been applying for different higher-level positions at his current employer with the idea that we'll at least be here for another year, so he might as well get one more "life experience" out of this employer.

In any case, Michael is moving forward with some of the suggestions that the missions pastor had: one of them being a step into leadership roles and intentional discipleship of people around us.  So we are going to be opening our house to a group of men that Michael will be leading.  In light of our house being used for a group study, we need to make some changes.  For example, we need more seating.  Our living room currently only comfortably seats six or seven people in our furniture.  So we're looking at options and budgeting for a sectional couch.  But it also needs to fit my standards of beauty, because our home needs to be a refreshing and peaceful place to abide in....so we'll see what we come up with.

I have much more to talk about, but very little time, and I need to be brainstorming for a minor kitchen redo, a minor living room makeover, and a craft studio.  And figuring out homeschooling and healthy living.  I do enjoy hearing from you all, whether here or on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment