Monday, September 10, 2012

Mondays are for Low Standards




In many ways, I'm feeling more personally fulfilled this September than last September.
I mean, last year at about this point, we were just living day by day, freakout session by freakout session, chest x-ray by chest x-ray, lab test by lab test.
None of our family has Giardia this year.  That's a plus.

I may not be reading as many books and growing as intellectually polished as I would like.
I may not be doing as many service activities as I would like.
And I may not be living up to my many philosophical ideals (especially about nutrition and parenting) as much as I would like.

However, I am happy.
In related news, I may be wearing unwashed clothing to our social worker visit tonight.
I'm a happy mess.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it went well!

    If low standards make you that happy... may ALL your days have low standards.

    ReplyDelete