Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Smiles From This Week

Ha ha. Very funny.
I said in my last post that I'd post on Sunday about how our life has changed.
And it's Tuesday today.
That's evidence enough.

Some "everyday" things that have made me smile this week:

  • An answered very specific prayer request.
  • Million's way of saying "gentle."  As in, "In our family, we use gentle hands."  He runs around the house (following the dog), saying "DENT-oh!"
  • The fact that I couldn't keep Michael's Christmas present a secret from him because I was too excited about it.
  • Playing "tuckuh" and "pwee-car" (tractor and police car) for hours on end.  
  • Hearing Million "read" himself books in the same rhythm we've read them many times over.  Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?  and Hop on Pop are his favorite rhythms to repeat currently.
  • Watching Michael teach Million to throw big handfuls of leaves.
  • Nearly finishing Million's second sock in his pair. 
  • Having a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie night with my sister. 
  • Watching a YouTube video on 25 ways to wear scarves with my Mom and trying to replicate the various techniques, while Michael and my Dad "encouraged" us by Rambo-izing Million with an extra scarf.  
  • Watching my man get satisfaction from his team winning on Sunday.  I am NOT a Packers fan (and never will be).  Nor am I a Vikings fan.  But something about seeing your husband happy about his team makes seeing a despised rival win (and barely, by the way) a little more tolerable.  Million does know the word "Bear" already.  Just saying.  


If you want to be matchy matchy with me this week...here are some recipes I plan to try.
Soft pretzels. 
Apple pie cookies. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah.... learning the word gentle. PRAISE GOD!!!! That's a big milestone.

    ReplyDelete