Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What Concerns Me. And More Pictures.

I just wrote about 18 paragraphs about something that is seriously troubling me and causing much anxiety and sleepless nights.

Then I deleted it.
And cried a bit.

"The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; 
Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
Psalm 138:8

Ya'll can pray for our little fam.  


And now for the siege of random photographs of the day. 


These two fabric panels are going to make part of a geography quilt.  I'll have the world on one side and the USA on the other.  That way, when Million and I are reading books, we can snuggle up under our quilt and pinpoint the locations we read about.
Some of the 60 pounds of apples we harvested from my sister's new home's trees.  That was not smart.  60 pounds is a lot of apples to process when you have a toddler.

These pictures make me laugh.  BonAmi looks so vicious in the second.  


 The coffee bar that Michael made for me.  It's not done, as it's so black and white, and I need to add some pops of color.  But I love that man for being handy and making the shelf for me.
I've been trying to find sock patterns that fit Million's feet for the cold Minnesota winters when he plays outside and need to double-sock him.  You southerners don't even know what that's like, do you?  Anyway, this sock is an infant sock.  It didn't say on the pattern what size it was, and I kept holding out hope.  Nope.  Doesn't fit him.  So he's got one sock to play with, and play with it he does.   

4 comments:

  1. Funny how that happens huh. I've often, recently especially, found myself reaching out for help, for someone to hear me... and then... I remember who I should go to first. Sometimes i type something and is mysteriously disappears- and I think- guess I shouldn't have sent that anyway. "Thank you!"

    The first 6 mo as a new family are the hardest. Well- not really to be honest- but they are the breaking in season. From what I understand, it is tough on marriages too. Remember eyes of my eyes 6 mo post? If you haven't read it- go. You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone. He heals. He heals. He heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family. Praying for sweet peaceful sleep for all.

    I to have made a quilt out of those pieces of fabric, it is one of my boys favorite activies to find places on their map blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pray for your family, Heather. As Shannon said, you're still in the adjustment period and if you add employment worries and money worries and kid-health worries, it's overwhelming. So many of us have been there and we can tell you this: It works out. Exactly the way it was supposed to be from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fourth all of that. Oh H, this is all so tough. There is so much stress and there is often no chance to step back and regroup because the responsibilities don't ever, EVER stop! And yet sometimes it's easy to forget that we are no longer able to, FOR EXAMPLE, process sixty pounds of apples like we once could.

    I've been up to my eyes in stress lately too so I'm sorry I haven't been leaving as many comments as I would like. But if you ever want to talk... I've got very cheap international calls on my plan. Just sayin'. xx

    ReplyDelete