Friday, August 19, 2011

Piglet's Morning

By and by Piglet woke up. As soon as he woke, he said to himself "Oh!" Then he said bravely "Yes," and then, still more bravely, "Quite so." But he didn't feel very brave, for the word that was really jiggeting about in his brain was "Heffalumps."
What was a Heffalump like?
Was it Fierce?
Did it come when you whistled? And how did it come?
Was it Fond of Pigs at all?
If it was Fond of Pigs, did it make any difference what sort of Pig?
Supposing it was fierce with Pigs, would it make any difference if the Pig had a grandfather called TRESPASSERS WILLIAM?

~excerpt from Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
_______________________________________________

Like Piglet, I often awake with fear and many questions on my mind.
Questions about how I'm doing as a Christian, as a wife, as a mother.
Occasionally about how I'm doing as a daughter, sister, friend.
There isn't really any swift resolution or end-all answer to my questions.
And unfortunately, my grandfather's name was not TRESPASSERS WILLIAM.
Shoot.
That would have made things so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment