Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Linguistics and Pumpkin Pie

Today I baked my first pumpkin pie of the season. It was completely perfect and beautiful.

Million also learned the word "car" in English today.
Linguistically, he is taking off as fast as bank employees at 5 p.m.
He knows "up", "light", "BonAmi", "Daddy", "Mama", "Yoda", and "car", although he doesn't pronounce them all correctly (for instance, although he can say the "l" noise, light is always "aight", but he's consistent in his use of it, pointing upwards, etc.)

He's also doing a lot of mimicry. Today I was scolding him while shaking my finger and saying "what you did was bad, bad, bad!" (He hit BonAmi with a rather large stick.) He looked up at me, shook his little finger, and said "bee, bee, bee!" as if to scold me right back. He also mimics "thank you" and "I love you."

Michael thinks I'm crazy or a nerd (or likely a combination of both), but I'm actually planning on making a little set of these.

In other news, we've made the transition to cloth diapering, and I'm pleasantly surprised that I love it so much.
I mean, I hoped I would love it.
But I didn't think I would actually LOVE it.
Michael again thinks I'm a nerd, because I've posted a little chart next to our washer for how many diapers I've washed. When I get to 500 or so, I'll have a party or something.

Hmmm... Off to have a piece of that pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment